September 17, 2020
Pecan Street Inc. seeks a Database Administrator to be part of its award-winning team accelerating innovations for climate and conservation solutions. The selected candidate will be part of a passionate, dynamic team that works on a range of exciting programs in partnership with public and private entities. The selected candidate will work with the nation’s largest research database on customer electricity use, water consumption, solar panel generation and electric vehicle charging, joining a talented team that has deep experience in consumer electronics and software development. Our team continues to work remotely during the pandemic. The selected candidate will work remote during the course of the pandemic with the option to continue working 100% remote in the future.
- Under the direction of the Director of Data and Information Services, provide database development, architecture and management support
- Coordinate with the Director of Data and Information Services and Pecan Street staff on the ETL processes necessary to successfully incorporate data into our PostgreSQL database
- Design and development of Pecan Street’s proprietary ETL data pipelines (using Python and Postgres) that enable data archiving for offering to research and commercial partners.
- Development of SQL Views and transformations to expose data to partners as well as decisions regarding correct authorization of data.
- Server-side development, maintenance, and work
Experience and Skills
Pecan Street seeks a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or related discipline
- Expertise in PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Preferred experience with residential energy, water, and/or gas data but not required
- Analytical skills: Able to evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
- Communication skills: Must communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Problem-solving skills: Ability to troubleshoot problems when they arise
- Respectful: Values diversity among colleagues and collaborators; treats others with respect and professionally at all times
Benefits are competitive and include:
- health insurance requiring no contribution from the employee including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and affordable family plans;
- 401(k) retirement planning;
- 15 days of annual paid-time off plus 10 additional holidays; and,
- 3 months of fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
Applications will be accepted through December 1, 2020. Please apply at https://www.pecanstreet.org/apply/. Application package should include a resume and cover letter.