July 22, 2020
We wanted to share some recent examples of Pecan Street’s volunteer participants’ energy data in action. Over the past several weeks, our work has been focused on the COVID-19 pandemic and the momentum behind the racial justice and equity movement. As always, our participant’s home energy data has been central to the work we’ve accomplished.
Our analysis of the shifting trends in home energy use under the COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders was recently featured by two national media outlets, CNN and The Weather Channel. And our Race and Energy webinar resulted in several media stories about the inherent inequities in the energy sector and how we can begin to address them.
We’ve also hosted several webinars on these topics and others, including how artificial intelligence can be used for decarbonization, our research in vehicle-to-grid technology, and an all-star panel discussion about how Texas became an unlikely clean energy leader. We’ll be continuing our webinar series throughout the summer, and we’re pleased to announce our next webinar, a follow up to our Race & Energy discussion, is scheduled for August 5th. You can register in advance here.
See below for the full list of recent media coverage and our recent webinar recordings.
As always, you can find all of our upcoming events and webinars on our events page here.
- Scott Hinson on Weather Channel – July 2020 – live interview, discussing energy use during COVID
- Pecan Street Mention in CNN International Story on Energy Use During COVID – July 2020 (Pecan Street mention begins around 15:50)
Pecan Street Webinars
- Pecan Street Webinar – Clean Energy Texas, with Jim Marston, Kirk Watson, Pat Wood III and Michael Webber
- Pecan Street Webinar – Race and Energy with Diana Hernández, John Hall, Dana Harmon, and Fisayo Fadelu
- Pecan Street Webinar – V2G Research, with Scott Hinson and Andrea Tosi
- Pecan Street Webinar – Home energy use during Austin’s Stay Home – Work Safe order, with Scott Hinson
- Pecan Street Webinar – Artificial Intelligence for Grid Decarbonization with Suzanne Russo, Kimberly Gilbert and Stas Gayshan
Race and Energy – stories resulting from Pecan Street webinar
- FocusTechnica – Clean energy inequity can be addressed with data coordination and policy change at the local level
- PV Magazine – Clean energy inequity can be addressed with data coordination and policy change at the local level
- Business Mayor – Clean energy programs can help address some racial disparities, advocates say
- Energy Network News – Clean energy programs can help address some racial disparities, advocates say