Installing and Connecting BluCube
Following are directions for installing and connecting a new BluCube. They may also be needed if you change your home WiFi equipment or change your WiFi network name or password.
These steps are also provided in the mobile app.
You will need to have your home’s WiFi password handy before beginning this process.
- Unpack your BluCube and make note of the two numbers on the back. You will use these numbers during installation.
— the BluCube number BCXXXXX (the letters B and C followed by a 5-digit number)
— the PIN XXXX (the personal identification number). You will use these numbers during installation.
- Select a location near the front of your house so that it is close to your water meter. If you have a 2-story home, we recommend installing on the second floor. The top of a bookshelf has also proven to work well on the first floor.
- Install the antenna, connect the power supply and plug the power supply into a wall socket. It is best if the antenna is pointing toward your water meter or straight up. It is fine to place the BluCube out-of-site.
- After plugging the BluCube power supply into a wall socket, the BluCube will begin turning on. After approximately 2 minutes, the BluCube should be booted up fully.
- Using a WiFi enabled computer or mobile device, look for a WiFi network named BCXXXXX and join this network. At this point you will be connected to the BluCube but may be disconnected from the Internet.
- Using a web browser, go to the url http://BCXXXXX.cube.blue (use the 5-digit number from the back of the BluCube).
Login & Configure BluCube
- On the login screen, enter the 4-digit PIN and hit Login.
- On the configure screen, select your home WiFi network, enter your WiFi password, select your time zone and then hit Submit. The BluCube will reboot. This takes about 2 minutes.
- While the cube is rebooting, rejoin your home WiFi network. After the BluCube has finished rebooting, you will be redirected to the Success page. If you do not see the Success page, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Reset the BluCube by inserting a paperclip in the small hole on the side of the BluCube opposite from the antenna. After about two minutes, you should be able to see a solid red LED through the two holes on the side of the BluCube and a blinking blue light on the WiFi adapter on the opposite side of the BluCube.
- Repeat the Connecting and Login & Configure steps above.
If you have additional questions or need assistance over the phone during the installation process, please contact Rachel Jenkins at 512-782-9213 or email@example.com.