March 25, 2019
Pecan Street Inc. seeks a Project Manager to be part of its award-winning team innovating solutions for intelligent energy management and drought mitigation. The selected candidate will work out of Pecan Street’s state-of-the-art, green-built lab in Austin’s Mueller community and will be part of a passionate, dynamic team that works on a range of exciting programs in partnership with public and private entities.
About Pecan Street Inc.
Unlike any other organization, Pecan Street is focused on advancing university research and accelerating innovation in water, energy, and transportation. We provide utilities, technology companies and university researchers access to the world’s best data on consumer energy and water consumption behavior, testing and verification of technology solutions, and commercialization services to help them bring their innovations to market faster. We help prepare technically-focused students for careers with industry, and we help them conduct research that will change the world.
The solution to our water and energy challenge will require a mixture of new technologies but it will first require a detailed understanding of customers’ water and energy use behavior. Pecan Street’s research addresses technology and behavior and how the two interact. Our ambition is to provide the companies, researchers and organizations that will lead the way toward a more efficient, customer-driven energy and water system, with the research, analysis and insights they need to be successful.
Pecan Street’s lab is a green-built facility where companies of all sizes can develop, test and validate a wide range of products and services. The lab also houses Pecan Street’s secure data center, which powers Dataport – Pecan Street’s interactive web portal to access, visualize, analyze and discuss the organization’s unique data.
- Create project scope, objectives, work plan, timelines, and deliverables.
- Lead the execution of project plans including continual revisions to meet changing requirements and priorities.
- Coordinate all activities with project partners and Pecan Street staff to manage resource allocation and ensure all Project deliverables are met.
- Ensure that project risks are mitigated through the use of appropriate risk management processes.
- Manage and implement project changes via accepted change management processes.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to plan for and implement new technology trials.
- Assist with project reporting to clients and funders.
Ideal professional experience and personal attributes include:
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field or role;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Project management experience, preferably in the electricity, technology, or sustainability sectors;
- Experience managing federally-funded grant projects;
- Proficient in project management strategies;
- Experience managing project teams;
- Experience leading multi-organization project teams, including teams with public sector and/or research university members; and,
- Strong writing skills a plus.
- Leadership skills – candidate should be able to motivate and lead various groups within the Project to deliver outstanding results.
- Communication and relationship building skills – candidate should be comfortable dealing with all levels of an organization, including delivering presentations to executive level audiences, and community groups.
- Teamwork – candidate should be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Planning and organizational skills – candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
Benefits are competitive and include:
- health insurance requiring no contribution from the employee including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and affordable family plans;
- 401(k) retirement planning;
- 15 days of annual paid-time off plus 10 additional holidays; and,
- 3 months of fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
Applications will be accepted through April 15, 2019. Please apply at https://www.pecanstreet.org/apply/.