July 30, 2018
Pecan Street Inc. seeks an Electrical/Power Engineer to be part of its award-winning team innovating solutions for intelligent energy management and drought mitigation. The selected candidate will work on designing hardware and embedded systems for data acquisition and data analysis on residential distributed energy generation and usage, joining a talented team that has deep experience in consumer electronics and software development.
The selected candidate will work out of Pecan Street’s state-of-the-art, green-built lab in Austin’s Mueller community and will be part of a passionate, dynamic team that works on a range of exciting programs in partnership with public and private entities.
About Pecan Street Inc.
Unlike any other organization, Pecan Street is focused on advancing university research and accelerating innovation in water, energy, and transportation. We provide utilities, technology companies and university researchers access to the world’s best data on consumer energy and water consumption behavior, testing and verification of technology solutions, and commercialization services to help them bring their innovations to market faster. We help prepare technically-focused students for careers with industry, and we help them conduct research that will change the world.
The solution to our water and energy challenge will require a mixture of new technologies but it will first require a detailed understanding of customers’ water and energy use behavior. Pecan Street’s research addresses technology and behavior and how the two interact. Our ambition is to provide the companies, researchers and organizations that will lead the way toward a more efficient, customer-driven energy and water system, with the research, analysis and insights they need to be successful.
Pecan Street Lab is an independent facility where companies of all sizes can develop, test and validate a wide range of products and services. The lab also houses Pecan Street’s secure data center, which powers Dataport – Pecan Street’s interactive web portal to access, visualize, analyze and discuss the organization’s unique data.
Experience and Skills
Pecan Street seeks a candidate with:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Coursework in Electrical Power Distribution
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Proficiency in Signal Processing
- Experience with Digital Control Systems
- 1 – 2 years of work experience
- Excellent inter-personal communication and organization skills
- Have a strong willingness to learn
Benefits are competitive and include:
- health insurance requiring no contribution from the employee including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and affordable family plans,
- 401(k) retirement planning
- 15 days of annual paid-time off plus 10 additional holidays
- 3 months of fully paid maternity and paternity leave
Applications will be accepted through August 20, 2018. Please apply at https://www.pecanstreet.org/apply/.